Welcome to the Lafayette Library Media CenterThe library is open daily from 7:20 AM until 3:20 PM
Library Checkout Policy
- The Lafayette High School library has a circulating collection of over 10,000 titles. At this time, any currently enrolled student in good standing may check out up to two items and may keep each item for 10 school days.
- The library offers unlimited renewals—unless an item has a hold request from another student. Students can renew their checkouts in person (with no need to bring in the book) or by email.
- The school library charges a fine on overdue books. The fine is 5¢ (per school day, per item), with a maximum fine of $2.00 per late book. These fines are due when a student withdraws or graduates from Lafayette.
- Alexandria Online Card Catalog (http://10.20.1.5/) - Search our collection of fiction and non-fiction materials. Search by author, title, series, or subject. Explore popular works, award winners, and non-fiction. Or see what's new in the collection. You must be on school district wifi to use this site.
Library Media Center
Mission of the School Library Media Program
The mission of the library media program is to ensure that students and staff are effective users of ideas and information. This mission is accomplished:
- by providing intellectual and physical access to materials in all formats.
- by providing instruction to foster competence and stimulate interest in reading, viewing, and using information and ideas.
- by working with other educators to design learning strategies to meet the needs of individual students.
--Information Power: Guidelines for School Library Media Programs (1988), p.1