Parent PowerSchoolPortal – to access your student’s school information
Parent Portal has a new feature called self-registration. All parents/guardians need to complete this process, even if you only have one student in the district. Parents will need to obtain a Web ID and Password from the school (if you do not already have one).
- Web Address http://ps.sjsd.k12.mo.us. This is also linked through the school website.
- Click Create Account.
- Follow instructions on the screen to set up your account.
- After setting up new account, the sign in page will appear. You can log in at this time.
- There is also a PowerSchool for Parents mobile app available.
- If you experience problems creating your new account, please call the District Help Desk at 671-4444
We are pleased to inform you that Truman (along with 13 other schools) will continue a new option available to schools participating in the National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs called Community Eligibility Provision (CEP).
Schools that participate in CEP are able to provide healthy breakfasts and lunches each day at NO charge for ALL students. Applications for free and reduced price meals will not be collected for students attending these schools, but if siblings at Non-CEP schools are in the household an application will have to be submitted for them.
There will still be a charge for milk or juice purchased with a lunch from home or for items that are a la carte.
Adults must still pay for breakfast, lunch or other purchases.
The CEP program is currently only at 14 schools. If a student transfers to another school not in the program then they must either pay for meals or fill out a Free/Reduced form.
Students will enter their Student ID number in the card reader as they go through the lunch line. Permanent photo ID cards will be given to the students after school pictures are taken and processed.
Parent Alert System
Parents/Guardians, the District has updated the Alert Now system. You may now choose how you would like to be notified with school information, school closings, and safety-related issues. You may choose by phone, text, e-mail, or all three as your desired mode of receiving school information.
- Web Address – www.sjsd.k12.mo.us
- Click Resources, click Parent, click Parent Alert System
- Click Create an account.
- After creating an account, select mode of notification. i.e. phone, text, e-mail, or all three.
- Follow instructions on the screen to select individual school, multiple schools, and/or district-wide.
- For assistance call the District Help Desk at 671-4444.
Security Door System
To improve the safety of our school, we use a keyless door system. This system is designed to lock down the school building entrance doors during the school day to ensure your child’s safety. The device is called an Aiphone. When you come to the school, hit the buzzer on the Aiphone located next to the door. Office personnel will ask you the purpose of your business before unlocking the door for entry. All visitors will still be asked to report directly to the office to sign in.