Ellison School aims to provide a safe,caring learning environment in order to equip children with strategies for success while meeting each child’s educational needs and guiding them to reach their fullest potential as lifelong learners.Learning Environment:
- We will provide a clean, caring, safe, and welcoming school atmosphere.
- We will provide a stimulating environment that encourages positive relationships with parents and students alike.
- We will foster opportunities for involvement with parents and students.
Strategies for Success:
- We will provide rigorous and relevant instruction to develop independent problem solvers and critical thinkers.
- We will participate in ongoing professional development for staff to learn and improve instructional strategies.
- We will use data to differentiate instruction to meet students’ needs and styles.
- We will provide prescriptive tutoring for identified students.
- We will utilize weekly job embedded times to collaborate within grade levels and data teams.
- We will incorporate technology in all areas of the learning environment.
- We will engage in parent communication through weekly grade level newsletters, monthly school bulletin and school blogs and websites.
- We will inspire a love for learning.
- We will demonstrate and expect manners and respect for others
- We will encourage pride and ownership in work ethic.
- We will instill a sense of citizenship, respect and responsibility in our students.