St. Joseph School District Mission and Vision Statements
...educating each child for success
The St.Joseph School District fosters an environment
where success is built on values for
learning, planning, and hardwork:
Believe! Learn! Plan! Achieve!
Ellison Elementary Mission Statement:
“Ellison School aims to provide a safe,caring learning environment in
order to equip children with strategies for success while meeting each
child’s educational needs and guiding them to reach their fullest
potential as lifelong learners.”
• We will provide a clean, caring, safe, and welcoming school atmosphere.
• We will provide a stimulating environment that encourages positive relationships with parents and students alike.
• We will foster opportunities for involvement with parents and students.
Strategies for Success:
• We will provide rigorous and relevant instruction to develop independent problem solvers and critical thinkers.
• We will participate in ongoing professional development for staff to learn and improve instructional strategies.
• We will use data to differentiate instruction to meet students’ needs and styles.
• We will provide prescriptive tutoring for identified students.
• We will utilize weekly job embedded times to collaborate within grade levels and data teams.
• We will incorporate technology in all areas of the learning environment.
• We will require homework at each grade level to connect home and school while reinforcing learning.
• We will engage in parent communication through weekly grade level newsletters, monthly school bulletin and school blogs and websites.
• We will inspire a love for learning.
• We will demonstrate and expect manners and respect for others
• We will encourage pride and ownership in work ethic.
• We will instill a sense of citizenship, respect and responsibility in our students.