The Military Science Cup will be awarded to the student who has earned the highest grade point average in J.R.O.T.C. classes, provided the grade point average is not lower than “3.0”. The following points will be considered in any class grade given in J.R.O.T.C.: appearance, performance of duty, military traits and military principles of leadership. The student must also have met the other following requirements.
- The student must have completed seven and one-half (7½) semesters in J.R.O.T.C. at Lafayette High School.
- Any semester grade lower than a “C” will disqualify a student.
The following criteria will be used to break ties:
- Participation in Best Drill Squad.
- Participation as Best Drill Cadet.
- Participation in Honor Guard.
- Participation as Military Police.
- Participation on Rifle Team.
- Participation in Saber Guard.