Students will be instructed on basic concepts of fitness development and maintenance. Concepts will include the following areas:
- Importance of regular exercise for health and the prevention of degenerative diseases
- Description of each area of fitness and its importance to health
- Methods to use in developing each area of fitness
Short-Term Objective of Physical Fitness Education Program is to provide students with the opportunities to learn fitness concepts while participating in enjoyable activities that enhance fitness levels.
Long-Term Objectives of Physical Fitness Education is to teach students the skills they need to be active for life. Students should learn to self-assess their fitness levels, interpret assessment results, plan personal programs, and motivate themselves on their own.
- Beginning Weight Training and Body Conditioning
- 9th Grade Fitness for Life
- Team Sports