Cultural competence is essential for social and economic success in the 21st century because of the increased cultural diversity from an interdependent world. The ability to collaborate with others who are culturally different is essential to solve problems and master objectives in a global society.
● Demonstrate an awareness of cultural diversity
● Understand the value of cultural diversity, appreciate and accept others
● Identify the way technology and cultural diversity impact learning
● Understand historical knowledge and perspectives of cultural diversity, the influence that culture has on history
● Initiate opportunities to communicate and interact, understands the importance of language proficiency and interactions of cultural diversity(Information above was inspired by Punya Mishra at Michigan State University and Scholastic Expert 21.)