EARLY CHILDHOOD SCREENING
All children must have completed the DIAL-4 screening before attending SJSD preschool.
Is my child eligible to register for the 2020-2021 school year?
District preschool programs serve 4 year-year-old children who turn 4 by July 31 and 3 & 4 year old children who have delays that qualify them for special services by Missouri law. The screening is a first step for those interested in our preschool program.
To determine eligibility, your child will participate in an Early Childhood Screening.
As of now the screenings will be Virtual due to COVID19. After the child is accepted and prior to start of school, you will be asked to attend an in person registration.
- Please bring your child and a copy of their most recent immunization record, copy of the birth certificate and copy of proof of residency (utility bill is required).
- Please plan to arrive 10 minutes prior to your appointment in order to complete paperwork.
- The screening, scoring and exiting process will take approximately 1 1/2 hours.
NOTICE: ALL children must have a "consent to screen" form signed by a parent/guardian. If someone other than the parent/guardian will be accompanying the child to screening, additional consent from the parent/guardian will be needed in order to release the results.
If you have a parent educator through Parents as Teachers, they may be available to facilitate the screening in your home.
When does preschool start?
August 27, 2020
Where are the preschools located?
Preschools for 2020-2021 are at the following schools:
- Oak Grove Elementary, 4901 Cook Rd St. Joseph, MO 64505
- Keatley Center, 1202 S. 28th St. St. Joseph, MO 64507
How do I schedule an early childhood screening? (As of now the screenings are virtual.)
Please click on the links below to register.