EARLY CHILDHOOD SCREENING
All children must have completed the DIAL-4 screening before attending SJSD preschool.
Is my child eligible to register for the 2020-2021 school year?
District preschool programs serve 4 year-year-old children who turn 4 by August 1 and 3 & 4 year old children who have delays that qualify them for special services by Missouri law. The screening is a first step for those interested in our preschool program.
To determine eligibility, your child will participate in an Early Childhood Screening.
- Please bring your child and a copy of their most recent immunization record, birth certificate and proof of residency.
- Please plan to arrive 10 minutes prior to your appointment in order to complete paperwork.
- The screening, scoring and exiting process will take approximately 1 1/2 hours.
NOTICE: ALL children must have a "consent to screen" form signed by a parent/guardian. If someone other than the parent/guardian will be accompanying the child to screening, additional consent from the parent/guardian will be needed in order to release the results.
If you have a parent educator through Parents as Teachers, they may be available to facilitate the screening in your home.
When does preschool start?
Where are the preschools located?
Preschools for 2020-2021 are at the following schools:
- Oak Grove Elementary, 4901 Cook Rd St. Joseph, MO 64505
- Keatley Center, 1202 S. 28th St. St. Joseph, MO 64507
How do I schedule an early childhood screening?
Please click on the links below to register.