Labor Market Needs
The Department of Economic Development (DED) will annually identify occupations in which a critical need or shortage of trained personnel exists in the labor market in the state and provide such information to the State Board of Education (SBE). Updates are available at this link.
Click on the links below for information related to critical need/shortage occupations.
- Information on obtaining industry-recognized certificates and credentials
- Information on obtaining occupation-related licenses
- Career assessment and interest inventories
- Skills needed for in-demand occupations
- Occupation salary trends
- Financial assistance for post-secondary education
- Information about college, school and apprenticeship opportunities
- Information about self-employment
- Job application resources
- Needed skills for various careers