Is my child eligible to register for the 2019-2020 school year?
Children must be three years old BEFORE August 1 of THIS school year to potentially qualify for Title I preschool placement now. All children must have completed the Dial 4 screening before attending SJSD preschool.
To determine eligibility, your child will participate in an Early Childhood Screening.
- Please bring your child and a copy of their most recent immunization record, birth certificate and proof of residency.
- To be eligible for regular education preschool services, children must be 4 by August 1st of the attending school year. If you have a child that will be 3 years old by August 1st with identified special needs, you may register them for a screening as well.
- Please plan to arrive 10 minutes prior to your appointment in order to complete paperwork.
- The screening, scoring and exiting process will take approximately 1 1/2 hours.
NOTICE: ALL children must have a "consent to screen" form signed by a parent/guardian. If someone other than the parent/guardian will be accompanying the child to screening, additional consent from the parent/guardian will be needed in order to release the results.
If you have a parent educator through Parents as Teachers, they may be available to facilitate the screening in your home.
When does preschool start?
Preschool starts August 26, 2019.
Where are the preschools located?
Preschools for 2019-2020 are at the following schools:
- Oak Grove Elementary, 4901 Cook Rd St. Joseph, MO 64505
- Keatley Center, 1202 S. 28th St. St. Joseph, MO 64507
How do I schedule an early childhood screening?
Please click on the links below to register.