A+ Scholarship Program
Ways to get your 50 Hours of Tutoring/Mentoring for A+ Certification at SJSD High Schools
See your A+ Coordinator to verify your plan is approved in advance.
During the School Year
- Peer Tutoring Class (Senior Level Class)
- Tutor at an elementary school after high school dismissed
- Tutor children at the Noyes Home (after school)
- Tutor or Mentor younger students in an approved community program
During the Summer
- Work at Elementary Summer School
- Tutor or Read to children at Noyes Home
- Assist with Safety Town
- Assist with the United Way Reading Program
- Assist with Prairie Lands Writing Project
- High School sponsored Children's Clinics (Sports, Fine Arts, Etc.)
- Special Olympics
- Elementary School Carnivals
- Robidoux Resident Theater Youth Activities
- Boy Scouts
- May be counted toward the 50 hour requirement with a maximum of 12.5 hours.
Mentoring at church related activities
- May be considered with a maximum of 10 hours.