Missouri High School Equivalency Exam (HiSET®)The Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education has selected a new high school equivalency exam. Since January 2014, Missouri's new high school equivalency exam is the HiSET® exam developed by Educational Testing Service (ETS). This exam replaces the former GED exam.Individuals wanting to take the MO HiSET® exam must set up a user account through the HiSET.ets website. All exam scheduling and fee payments are done through the HiSET website.Candidates arriving without the proper identification documents will not be allowed to take the exam. Missouri has specific state residency requirements. Candidates MUST have a government issued social security number to take the test in MO. Photocopies of documents are NOT acceptable. Please read carefully the Missouri state eligibility and identification requirements for testing.The following forms of identification are NOT acceptable forms of ID for the MO Hiset exam:
To create a user account, click here.The Missouri HiSET® exam is administered at Hillyard Technical Center in room 114 on Tuesdays and Thursdays twice a month, September thru April. Limited test dates are offered through the summer months. Current available test dates are shown on the right. You are limited to scheduling three test sessions per day. The test sessions on those afternoons begin at 3:00, 4:30, and 6:00, unless otherwise indicated. For more information or to schedule a test, go to the HiSET.ets.org website.For a list of what to bring on test day, click here.If you need an official Comprehensive Score Report sent to a college, scholarship program, or other organization, contact ETS at 1-855-MyHiSET (1-855-694-4738).
- Out-of-state licenses (driver and non-driver, both permanent and temporary) even if current and valid
- EXPIRED MO ID WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
- Tribal IDs (Missouri has no federally-recognized or state-recognized tribes)
- Permanent Resident cards (issued by the U.S. government to citizens of other countries who permanently and lawfully reside in the U.S.)
- Matricula Consular (issued by the Mexican government to Mexican Nationals residing outside of Mexico)
- Passports issued by any country other than the U.S.
Testing DatesIf the St. Joseph School District closes due to weather/other reason, there will be no HiSet testing on that particular date. Testers will contact HiSet to reschedule.
December 3, 5, 17, 19 2019
January 14, 16, 28, 30 2020 February 11, 13, 25, 27 2020
March 3, 5, 24, 26 2020
April 14, 16, 21, 23 2020