The original Webster School was built in 1869 at the corner of 17th and Highly Streets. It was two stories with a French style roof. Many problems in construction were encountered in an effort to retain the French style of architecture. By the end of the 1920's, the District saw the need for an entirely new building. This building was built and dedicated in 1931 at the corner of 18th and Highly. An addition was added in 1948 and 2001.
In 2009, Webster closed as an elementary school and was repurposed for the following programs:
Ruth Huston Adult Programs
SJSD Alternative High School
SJSD Curriculum Coordinators
SJSD Early Childhood Programs
SJSD Elementary G.A.T.E. Program