Unit I - Career Decisions
Chapter 1 - Choosing Your Career
- Discuss career and job trends, and describe sources of job information.
- Complete a job analysis, listing the positive and negative features of potential career choices.
- Describe the techniques for coping with change.
- Explain changing career patterns in a world economy and the need for job networking.
Chapter 2 - Finding a Good Career Fit
- List reasons why people work and factors that affect career choices.
- Identify and describe good career planning techniques.
- List sources of job opportunity information.
- Itemize and explain good job search techniques.
- Formulate a personal plan of action to get the job you want.
Chapter 2 PowerPoint
Chapter 3 - Getting an Interview
- Describe and prepare an application letter.
- List guidelines for and prepare a resume and scannable resume.
- describe the reference letter and explain why it is useful to job application.
- Describe and fill out an employment application form.
- Discuss how to prepare for a job interview.
- Describe and prepare a thank-you letter.
Chapter 4 - Communicating in the Work Environment
- Identify and describe effective communication strategies on the job.
- Discuss guidelines for effective human relations at work.
- Describe written and unwritten work rules.
- Discuss appropriate work attitudes and the problem of absenteeism.
- Discuss two theories of motivation and the results of job satisfaction.
Chapter 5 - Work Laws and Responsibilities
- Discuss the purpose of various work-related forms.
- Explain provisions of major employment laws.
- Discuss employee responsibilities at work.
- Describe employer responsibilities to employees.